Personalized Invisalign® Clear Braces in Malden
Wearing traditional braces with wires and brackets can be uncomfortable. At Family Dental of Malden, we offer comprehensive Invisalign services to help you correct bite issues without having to deal with metals and brackets that come with traditional braces. Invisalign is a series of clear, removable trays that you wear on your teeth to correct minor to moderate dental misalignment.
Our Invisalign services in Malden are available for adults aged 18 years and above. If you are struggling with crowded teeth, unwanted tooth gaps, crooked teeth, or other dental alignment issues, our Invisalign services can help you achieve an even smile. Get in touch with us today to schedule an appointment!
CALL US: (781) 324-6200 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Dental Issues Corrected by Invisalign
Invisalign clear aligners are just as effective as traditional braces in addressing bite problems. Here are some of the issues you can correct with Invisalign treatment.
- Crossbites: The upper and lower jaws do not align properly, requiring you to adjust your jaw when closing your mouth. Usually, some of the upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth.
- Overbites: The upper teeth extend outward, covering your lower teeth.
- Underbites: The lower teeth project outward and cover the upper teeth.
- Open bites: The upper and lower front teeth extend forward, leaving a vertical gap. Your upper and lower teeth do not touch when you close your mouth.
- Overcrowding: When the jaw space is too small for developing teeth, causing them to twist or overlap.
When you visit our practice, our team will evaluate your dental situation before planning the appropriate treatment for you.
Invisalign Clear Aligners vs. Traditional Braces
Invisalign clear aligners are your ideal option if you value convenience, discretion, and effectiveness. While traditional braces have been around for longer, Invisalign treatment has numerous advantages that make it an excellent alternative option, depending on your situation. Below are some of the benefits of Invisalign treatment.
Comfort: Invisalign clear braces consist of custom trays that fit your teeth. They offer a secure and comfortable fit without having to worry about wires or brackets causing allergies, injury, or irritating your gums.
Removable: You can continue eating your favorite food and cleaning your teeth normally during your Invisalign treatment. The aligners, therefore, do not interfere with your diet or oral hygiene habits, as you can remove them during these periods.
Discretion: Invisalign aligners consist of clear invisible plastic. They provide a discrete way of correcting dental misalignment without impacting the appearance of your smile. If you are embarrassed about wearing braces as an adult, Invisalign is for you.
Fewer Dentist Visits: Invisalign requires fewer dentist visits compared to traditional braces and is suitable for you if you have a busy schedule. You only need to visit our practice every six weeks to ensure that your teeth are adjusting as expected. Also, you don't have to see the dentist each time you change your aligners.
What Does an Invisalign Procedure Involve?
When you visit our practice for your Invisalign services, our dentist will examine your mouth to get the scope of your condition. We then scan your mouth and take impressions of your teeth to ensure we create custom trays that fit perfectly and comfortably. Our team will take you through your treatment, including what you should expect when wearing your aligners to help you understand your treatment better.
Once your Invisalign trays are ready, you will come in for the second appointment to pick them up. You have to wear Invisalign aligners for at least 22 hours daily for optimal results. Also, you will change your aligners every two weeks as your bite improves. Our team will monitor and track your treatment to ensure it progresses as expected until you get your desired results.
Life with Invisalign
Knowing the right way to live with your Invisalign aligners is crucial for the success of your treatment. Below are some considerations you should keep in mind during your Invisalign treatment.
- Eating: Always remove your aligners when eating. Ensure you rinse your mouth before wearing the aligners to prevent food from getting trapped in the trays, putting you at risk of tooth decay.
- Cleaning: Clean your aligners before wearing them and during your oral hygiene routine. Use a soft brush and non-abrasive toothpaste to avoid damaging the plastic.
- Sleeping: It's recommended that you keep your clear aligners on when sleeping. Invisalign works by applying constant pressure on your teeth, and removing them during bedtime will negate your progress, lengthening your treatment duration.
Your Place for Skilled Invisalign Treatment in Malden
If you are uncomfortable smiling in public due to crooked teeth, unwanted gaps, or bite issues, our reliable Invisalign treatment in Malden can help you achieve a beautiful and even smile. Contact us to learn more about Invisalign, and let us help you attain a smile that looks as good as it functions!
CALL US: (781) 324-6200 REQUEST APPOINTMENT